We know that choosing an orthodontist is a very personal decision. There are many orthodontic offices and treatment options available to you. Here are just a few details about our office that describes what sets Okun Orthodontics apart from the rest.
Dr. Okun is board certified: Fewer than 40% of orthodontists are board certified. “Board certification is a process by which an individual orthodontist is voluntarily examined by his/her peers as to orthodontic knowledge and clinical skills. The passage of the examination process is a demonstration to the dental profession and the general public of the orthodontist’s pursuit of continued proficiency and excellence in orthodontics …. The American Board of Orthodontics is the only certifying board recognized by the American Association of Orthodontists and the American Dental Association.”
We respect your privacy: We have individual treatment rooms for every visit. We will never put you in an “open bay” environment where there are several dental chairs in the same room.
One orthodontist: Dr. Okun will treat you at every visit. When you are treated in our office you will not be bounced between technicians or multiple orthodontists like you would be in a large group practice.
Cutting-edge technology: Our office is technologically advanced in the field of orthodontics and facial pain management.
- We offer digital photographs, digital dental models, and digital X-rays. Digital radiography ensures low radiation exposure, provides an instant image, and does not use hazardous chemical to process the images. Your digital images can be printed or e-mailed to your general dentist easily and quickly.
- In addition, we have electric/energy stimulation (the electro-accuscope/myopulse system) for pain management. We use it to treat TMJ, facial pain, and teeth that are tender from tooth movement. “Electric stim” is the modality used in sports medicine to enable athletes to achieve less pain and heal quickly so they can return to their activity soon after an injury.
- We use temporary orthodontic mini-screw implants (TADs/temporary anchorage devices), a new technique that can optimize tooth movement in select cases. We also are one of the first private practices to offer Propel, an innovative method of accelerating tooth movement in adults.
- We fabricate custom athletic mouth-guards in-house to protect your teeth and jaws from injury during contact sports and martial arts, and TMJ occlusal guards to protect your teeth and jaws from clenching and grinding your teeth.
- We have the Bien-Air electric handpiece and Komet IPR system, which increase patient comfort when removing bonding material or re-contouring teeth.
- We offer metal and clear, fixed and removable braces, and treat both adults and children (early treatment and teen treatment).
Meticulous sterilization: Our patients can be assured that we follow all the OSHA guidelines for sterilization techniques.
Enhanced web services: Through our web services, our patients have the option to receive text or e-mail appointment reminders, check their appointment times online, review their account information (including viewing and printing their financial ledgers and digital images), and receive our newsletter. This web service is available 24/7, and a convenient way for our patients to stay connected to our office from home. We also have a blog and Facebook page to keep you up-to-date with our practice.
Clean air: So many offices use harsh cleaners and room fresheners to give the appearance of cleanliness. We use organic cleaners, steam cleaners, and HEPA, Peco, and plasthma plate air filters to make sure the air you breathe in our office is truly clean. We also cater to patients with allergies and chemical sensitivities. We do not use latex gloves (we use vinyl gloves), and we have polyurethane and silicone ties as options instead of latex elastics.
Easy access, easy parking: 14 Rye Ridge Plaza is off Bowman Avenue at the corner of Ridge Street in Rye Brook. It can be reached from the Hutchinson River Parkway, exit 18 Ridge Street (northbound turn right, southbound turn left.) Go south three traffic lights/approximately one mile. Turn right on Bowman Avenue and left into Rye Ridge Plaza.
Alternatively, take the Cross Westchester Expressway (Route 287) to exit 10. If you are going west, turn right on Bowman Avenue. If you are going east, stay on Westchester Avenue and go under the bridge. Turn right at the first traffic light onto Webb Avenue, and at the next traffic light turn left on Bowman Avenue. Rye Ridge Plaza will be on your right across from Port Chester Middle School.
The Plaza has ample parking, with three parking areas surrounding the professional and commercial buildings. There are no time limits or meters for our parking!